From:
Elsie Steinwachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:03:25 -0700
>Is there a strong consensus among archeologists and scientists that the
>Aquatic Ape theory is inconsistent with the facts?
>
>mark

That's about where it stands.

After being so smart-mouthed, I will introduce myself.  I am using another
person's e-mail address because I am a caregiver in her house.  My name is
Patty, not Elsie, and I am an apparent Celiac and apparent
highly-functioning autistic.  I have not been diagnosed, since I am not
able to represent myself properly in interpersonal, face to face
interaction with a medical professional.  However, ingesting gluten makes
me very sick and causes me to break out in nasty bumps, so I operate on the
basis that I need a celiac diet.

I have been cooking from scratch for a long time, refusing to try to keep
up the old patterns (bread, cake, pie, macaroni).  I hope to find
additional ways to prepare food from scratch, especially basic foods that
are not likely to be contaminated.

I have cravings for fish, milk products, and yellow root vegetables.  I
know I need less carbohydrate and also more vegetable fat in relation to
animal fat.  I also need a fairly low-fat but not eccentric diet.  I am not
claiming that I have any secret of healthy eating, or that I am
representative in any way.

I am no expert, but I took a survey plus laboratory course in biology
recently, becoming awed and overwhelmed by the complexity of nature, and
also a course in human evolution at the sophomore level.  We did not study
aquatic apes in either course, leading me to suspect that few have heard of
this topic.

Patty (visiting with [log in to unmask])  ;-)