From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:10:52 -0700
Mary and Gregg,

I too take calcium and magnesium supplements. I use appatite (sp?) which
is a highly processed bone meal supposedly free of heavy metals, and a
magnesium citrate supplement. I normally take the calcium around lunch
time as it can interfere with absorption of zinc and perhaps other
nutrients, so I don't take it with my other supplements at breakfast.

Good sources of calcium are leafy greens such as mustard, collard,
turnip, kale, etc. I eat these almost every day. Also, don't nuts have
_some_ calcium in them?

One good source is home made stock made from cooking bones in liquid
with a bit of acid in it. The bone marrow and bone matter dissolves in
the rich tastey stock. I used to make stock all the time, but don't do
it much anymore. Great for soups as a meal starter, but with paleo
cooking not as much use for stock, I find. I'll have to start making it
again.

--Richard