VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald E. Schreiber II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:28:48 -0500
Many blind and visually impaired indeviduals in Harrisburg, PA are successfully using of the shelf scanning software along with speech synthesizers to scan mail, read memos and other printed materials.  Text Bridge and Omni Page Pro are two such OCR programs that work for us at a fraction of the cost of blind speciffic scanning programs.  The cost is under $200 as apposed to Open Book and others that cost more like $1000!

This is my first response to items on the list, but I must say that I am finding this a wonderful resource of ideas and information!  Glad to be a part of this list!!!

Don Schreiber
Access Technology Program
Tri-County, PAB