From:
Don Kendrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:23:42 -0500
I've just upgraded my cyrix 166 to an AMD k6-2 350, and for just the reason
you state regarding using my old memory, I chose the DFI P5BV3+
motherboard. This board allows asynchronous bus setting so you can use your
older memory at 66 mhz, yet still run the processor at the recommended 100
mhz.

Full information can be had at
http://www.tomshardware.com/releases/98q3/980805/index.html

He has info on all boards running the MVP3 chipset which allows this. Some
have slots for both Simms and Dimms.

I am well satisfied, and am currently running the chip at 400 MHZ with no
ill effects. All this for an total upgrade price of $225.00.

Good luck, hope your upgrade goes as smooth as mine did.

Don Kendrew

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html