From:
Tracy Taulman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:06:09 -0500
    I have a couple of questions regarding a new PC that a cousin just
bought.  It is a Cyrix MX 200 on a TX Pro motherboard running at 75 MHz
bus speed(standard setting for MX 200).  It also has 32 MB EDO, 3.2GB
Western Digital, 20X Cyber Drive, AD-CHIPS ASP-16 sound card, Cirrus
Logic 33.6 modem (this was a new one to me) and an S3 Virge 4 MB video
card.  He purchased it at a local shop and knows that it is very
generic.

1)  Why would you install the motherboard in the case on top of the pink
foam anti-static pad?  This is the first one I have ever seen like this.

2)  What would cause the PC to not boot every time you turn the power
switch on?  All of the lights come on, the hard drive spins up, but the
monitor never flashes the video bios message.  A quick reboot usually
brings it right on or turn the power off, waiting a couple of seconds
and then flipping it back on.

Thoughts and ideas are welcome.  Thanks!

--
Tracy Taulman
mailto:[log in to unmask]