From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:29:57 -0800
Have you tried disabling DMA access for the drive
located
in Device Manager-->Hard Disk Properties. If that
solves
the problem you may need to update your HD controller
before re-enabling DMA access. Also, if you haven't
already,
try running the Maxtor as secondary solo or slave it
to primary
master. And verify what BIOS is reporting.

-yui shin