From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 23:07:18 -0400
On Fri, 16 May 1997, Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

> > I have not yet dared to
> > chow down the way Ray Audette describes it.
>
>         Maybe that can help you in the start.  But in the long term the
> effects of restricted food is going to mean that you're body will assume
> you're on another damned diet.  This is especially dangerious on low
> carbs, according to the nay-sayers, because you're body might decide that
> protine is more effiencient and expendable then your fat reserves.

This is like dieting without a safety net.  On the Zone, the
amounts of everything are pretty much prescribed.  For me, that
meant 1,800 calories per day.  Since I wasn't hungry, this was
okay.  But it clearly is not a natural way to eat, even though
Sears nods in the direction of paleodieting principles.

What has attracted me to NeanderThin is that it is intellectually
satisfying, going one step beyond the Zone approach (Sears
advises us to "think hormonally" but not immunologically about
what we eat), and evidently more natural.  What remains to be
seen is whether it will work for me.  I don't expect rapid weight
loss, since I am now only about 15 pounds from where I should be.
But I'd like to experience some of that freedom from caloric
restriction, for which I would gladly give up aggie foods.

Todd Moody