From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 14:19:37 -0500
        The diarea was a one day thing before my body adjusted to the
new diet.  My nose is getting a little clearer, and the lips are still a
little dry.
        I got kava kava capsules at this weird-ass grocery store called
Outpost Foods.  And I do mean wierd, they had candles and incesnse not in
a corner like most food stores, but rather in an attractive display not
unlike an occult/new age book store.  It's sort of like a normal food
store, with large sections off limits to hunter-gatherers.  But it prides
itself in being "all natural," and despite the 1960's atmosphere, I kind
of liked the friendliness of it.  I was clothes shopping today, so I
didn't have enough time to pick up some of their meat.  I got some sea
salt, I hope it has enough iodine to prevent a nasty goiter.  For food
toys, my grandmother picked me up a peppermill.
        Today I plan to get some German salami with no dextrose or sugar.
Since I started NeanderThin I have been washing the dishes for the family,
due to my fondness for bacon.
        I found a marinara sauce less forbidding then Mama Rizo's: Frank
Sinatra's Milano style marinara sauce.  No sugar or dextros or anything
artificial.  I haven't tried it yet.
        Besides not being aware of the dextrose in iodized salt, I have
had a little trouble staying away from forbidin meats like peperoni.  I
hope that having natural salami and/or beef jerky will help when I NEED
MEAT NOW, but I don't want to clean a frying pan or PowerCrisp.
        The scale is still broke, so I can't tell you an accurate weight
loss.

Karl Alexis McKinnon|I live as the beasts in the fields, rejoicing in the
SP2                 |fleshly life. I favor the edible and curse the inedible.