From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:15:51 -0500
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Erica Wieland wrote:

> Before you "diss" D'Adamo's book as in the "category of astrology" you
> might want to at least peruse the book. He does not use "nebulous criteria"
> for his thesis, but instead points to some very interesting scientific
> evidence about how different blood types respond to different protein
> sources.

        I'm agreeing with what he says.  I assumed it was common
knowledge among those who keep up to date with evolutionary theory.  I'm
just saying that I am leary of single-cause explanations because of my
expereince as a historian.  (Lead plates caused the fall of the Roman
Empire, corn is what made the Aztechs so insane, and the Witchhunt is a
result of ergot poisoned grains).  I would never put it in the category
of astrology.
        What I am saying is that certian theories and ideas apeal to our
mythic sense, like blood.  I don't think I compared the idea to that of
Nemisis: the Death Star.  No one can argue that there being an evil sun,
the twin to our own, which comes around and vexes the earth once every
Aeon, isn't a bit like Zoroastrianism.