From:
Lee Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:21:12 -0700
I'm sorry folks.  My name is Lee Rodgers and I lurk on most of the LC
lists but say very little.  My online name is [log in to unmask] I am a
long time LC with sometimes militant LC tendencies with detractors of LC
lifestyles.  I started as an avid Atkid and evolved over several years
to whatever it is I do nowadays.  I simply call it controlled
carbohydrate eating.  I no longer actually count my carbs except at
quarterly intervals to see what I am doing.  I follow an eclectic
approach as we all eventually do.  I still have dairy in the form of
heavy cream, butter and cheese as a light garnish.  But I also added
more mixed nuts after reading Neanderthin.  I do live on beef jerky a
lot of the time.  Pacific Coast Jerky Factory is my favorite plain and
peppered followed by Oberti which is plentiful and easy to poke with a
sharp stick. I could never find a recipe for jerky I liked to make in
this expensive dehydrator, so my lowfat wife uses it to dry her fruits
and fruit rolls.

I've kept 100 pounds away from my middle for over 2 years now, but that
doesn't include the other 50 I lost then found again when my doggy
companion passed away.  Who btw has just been replaced by two babies of
indeterminate fatherhood.  Mom is a chow(sp) golden retriever mix and
one pup appears to be either a shepherd or mastiff based on coloring and
loose skin.  the other is definitely a black labrador retriever mix.

Exercise and feling good are my concerns these days more so than weight
loss.  I'm getting stronger and more aerobic and thats alright with me.
So, John, I didn't stir the pot and run.  I'm just trying to be a good
newbie and listen awhile afore yakkin.

DM