From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:58:36 -0400
Despite being accused of being a conspiracy theorist myself, let me say
just this.  Yes, Corbie, there may not be any organized conspiracy to keep
the truth about health and diet from people.  But there is definitely
widespread profit-taking at the expense of people's health and even lives.
 It's very easy to look at such a situation, notice that there is virtually
no one of stature coming out against it, and begin to wonder what's going
on.  Do I believe in an "Invisible War"?  Not yet.  I won't go either way
without some proof.  But the more I learn, the less shocked I'd be to find
out that there's _something_ afoot, anyway.  Try to fill your shopping cart
with food with NO added sugar.  Unless you only buy whole foods, you can't
do it.  You have to go to the meat section and the produce section then
leave the store.  There is added sugar in foods that aren't supposed to
taste the least bit sweet.  What the heck for?  Besides to sell more sugar,
I can't think of one good reason.

Have you read "Sugar Blues" by William Dufty?  That book is a must read,
not only for the lowcarb list, but for this one too.  In order to do paleo,
it's probably necesarry to have an understanding of just what processed
foods have done and are doing to us.  Dufty wrote his book in the middle
70's, I think, and at that time he said that the news was just coming out
about sugar and processed fooed in general.  He fully expected that the
news would BE out by now.  What happened?  A conspiracy?  I don't know.  A
concerted effort to keep certain pieces of information low-key?  I wouldn't
be surprised.

Another example is trans-fats.  For years the establishment has been
telling us that margarine is much more healthy for us than butter,
vegetable oils than animal fats.  Yet, study after study shows that
trans-fats CAUSE heart disease, cancer, and other immune system failures.
 Where is the outcry, the product recalls?

Do I believe in a conspiracy?  I don't know.  I think maybe it's more like
a tacit agreement to keep quiet as long as it lasts.  After all, every day
that goes by with Americans (and others too, I guess) getting fatter and
sicker and buying up all those products is another day millions are made
off our misery.

Of course, you've read Neanderthin.  Another must read is a book called
"Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon.  It's hard to read much about this
topic and _not_ wonder what's going on.

(Please excuse any typos, I was trying to type too quickly.)

John Pavao

----------
>> But no one has any vested interest in promoting this knowledge--->how
can
>> you make money off people helping themselves? You cant really. Not like
if
>> you got them hooked on some mechanical devices that fit on their
face<:^o

I am SO sick of the damn conspiracy theorists on this list!

<snip>

The only conspiracy running the world is the one of stupidity.

Corbie