CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:08:12 +0930
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 06:24:42 -0800
that most illustrious and gifted writer of our times
MichaelP <[log in to unmask]> did eloquently compose:

> Yes, certainly there are counterforces at work but unfortunately, the
> major effect is disciplinary. This is a point that Orwell notes in works
> of his that aren't read. Everyone has read Animal Farm, the satire about
> the Soviet Union. Not many people have read the introduction to Animal
> Farm, and one of the reasons they never read it is it wasn't published.
> The introduction to Animal Farm was called "Literary Censorship in
> England." It wasn't published, it was found in his papers years later.

I have been curious about the introduction to Animal Farm. Does anyone
know where I can read it?

__
 "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
 --Voltaire

Fingerprint for PGP Keys at key server or go to
http://www.wantree.com.au/~pkelly/key.htm
RSA - 71 BA 7C 45 B5 4A 5F EA  72 DB EC 7F 7F A8 70 99
DSS - 196D 0C35 95C9 BFD2 0677  C238 8FDE 0133 86E9 7B89