CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
terry croteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:00:56 -0600

At 09:51 AM 4/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
Hi,
Well at least I am not alone, I am sooo tired of trying to give my daughter
foods that will accomodate her diabetes (insulin dependent since age 1)
while adhering to a gluten-free/ lactose free/casein(maybe) /no hydrogenated
fats /no soy ..and try to keep her Glucose levels stable! Arg.
Her blood sugars fluctuate from 3mmol/L  and jump to 26mmol/L
Then the other day she has 2 major hypo-glycemic reations in a 4 hour
span... ate all her meals  but could not hold them down, other times she
doesn't eat her meals, gets sick to her stomache and glucose levels are
super high... no ryhme no reason except perhaps malabsorption I don't know!!!
Endocrionologist's are so busy here that it is at least a 5 month wait for a
10min. appt.  .. since her Dx of celiac we have not yet seen the Diabetic
spec. , nor gastro.... she has had incurred kidney damage (ERF stage 11),so
we are afraid to give her to much protein in case it "taxes" her kidney's
yet we are afraid to give her too many carbs in case her intestines can not
handle it....
I love my daughter more than life itself and would give anything to have her
happy and healthy . I would give my life for her........ She is My Hero ...

I find myself standing in my kitchen just totally perplexed . food is
becoming the enemy!
Sorry for the vent, I was about to implode!
Debi, Just wanting to do what is best for my daughter!