BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anne Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:43:35 EST
I have a funny rElated story.  I have the tendancy to collect building stones.
I spent several months in Britain and Ireland a few years ago, and collected
sandstone from York, slate from Wales, and -- a miscellaneous rock from the
land of my people -- County Kerry, Ireland.  The stone was rather wet
(naturally, consideRing the source), so I set it in the footwell of the back
seat.  I was travelling with several friends by car - all having a jolly time.
We picked up a hitch-hikeR (he looked like a nice dark-irish lad, and turned
out to be a nice jewish boy from NY).  Well, about 100 miles lateR, somehow, I
noted that the hItch-hikeR rolled down the window, picked up my rock and
tossed it out!!  I jumped out of my seat.  My friend said ---- we can stop and
pick it up!  For those of you who have not been to Ireland, it is basically
one big rockpile.  Ahhhh, the land of my people.  Hand me a Guinness.
Annie O'Sullivan