Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:03:30 -0500
At 03:04 PM 2/19/1998 Bassem Fahmy wrote:

>I want to sell my old CD ROM 6x but the problem that the driver disk has
>errors so I failed to make win95 recognize it ..also the main problem is
>that I did not found any name for that company that product it ..so I think
>the solution will be in a General Driver that can work with those types of
>CD `s that has unknown identification ..or what I can do?

Bassem:

Check your Hard Drive first, maybe you still have the driver on it.

Then, two choices:

   1. The system may identify your CDROM Drive so look at the
Bootup screen and see if it identifies your drive when checking
IDE devices; or see if Win95 identifies it in Device Manager (if
the drive isn't in your system, plug it in to check).

   2.  Take a look at the drive itself for identifying marks.

After getting the make and model, go to the web site of the
maker and download the driver (or post the request here and
someone may be able to email it to you). Or, on the Net, try:

   DriversHQ:    http://www.drivershq.com/
   The Driver Zone:   http://www.driverzone.com/
   C-NET Download.Com:
http://www.download.com/PC/FrontDoor/0,1,0-103,01.html?dl.fd.cat103

Good luck (.i.e., hope it's not a Sanyo).

John Chin