BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:24:09 -0800
Hello all,

I have been working to help a group of guys, big company people, on a car that
will drive itself.  You tell it where to go and the car does the rest.  A good
market among PWD, especially among those with vision problems or uncontrolled
epilepsy and others. DOT has eliminated developement funding, claiming these
cars are nonessential.  504 violation, discrimination???  Any ideas or
suggestions??? Help is needed and appreciated.

Send responses back channel (Privately), please, as I am still "NO MAIL" due to
health.

We are getting some rain, finally, this morning.

Pete

"Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist.  Nothing is at last sacred, but
the integrity of your own mind".  Ralph Waldo Emerson