From:
Cyndi Symons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:49:38 EST

In a message dated 1/1/99 12:27:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< If the test works it would make sense to me.  Has anyone used it or does
anyone have any first hand info?  The article listed a lab that did the test:
Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory in Asheville, NC....The lab also does the
anti-gliadin antibodies test from Saliva....If these tests work, seems there
should be some way to set up a process where large extended families could be
screened. >>

List members,
I just wanted to let you know that this is how they found my Celiac disease. I
have been discouraged by 3 doctors not to have the biopsy due to my chronic
food allergies which also causes inflamation and intestional damage. So
therefore I have been off of gluten for 2 years now with plenty of "accidents"
to prove that is indeed one of my illnesses. My 2 children were also tested
and came up free of the disease. They are simply allergic to milk (chronic
diareah) and foods. This lab and test was accurate for us.