From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:34:08 EST

I was diagnosed with it in June 1997.  At that time my rheumatologist gave me
a choice of Fosomax or Miacalcin (nasal spray).  He suggested the Miacalcin
since it has few side affects.  I have been on it since and it is wonderful -
no pills to take - also easy to take when you travel.  And the good news is
that I had another bone density test in June 1998 and my osteoporosis had
improved.

I have friends on Fosomax who have had gastro problems from taking it and
there are a lot of other side affects.