From:
"Nancy E. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:25:54 -0600

A previous poster indicated that Montreal has many excellent restaurants
that will accommodate GF patrons, but did not specify whether using an
English restaurant card to explain one's dietary restrictions is adequate.
I soon will be going to Montreal for a five-day business trip. Would it be
helpful to have my restaurant card translated into Quebecois French, either
to increase the staff's comprehension or as a polite gesture that might
improve service? I react to very small amounts of gluten and avoid grain
alcohol and vinegar. I also must avoid soy and canola (rapeseed) oil. My
own French. alas, is of the minimal American high school variety.

Suggestions from folks in Quebec will be much appreciated. Please reply to
me personally, and I will summarize to the list.

Nancy Ewald Jackson, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
Professor, Educational Psychology, 361 Lindquist Center
The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA, 52242