Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 08:20:27 -0400

negative, while the symptoms (principally bloating and a lot of gas), the
following are excerpts from the responses to date. Thanks for the input.  Bob
Ritchie

1.  Try testing for Candida Albicans or other strains of yeast/fungus style
infections. Great Smokies Lab comes highly recommended

2. Maybe you are just gluten intolerant.

3. I'd suggest an ELISA test or a trip to a GOOD chiropractor who know about
applied kinesiology testing.

4. (From a person with the same experience) I  have an elavated eosinophil
count, an elavated mean platelet volume count (platelet MPV) and slightly
elavated albumin. I also have a virus called CMV (cytomegalovirus) kicking
through my system. But having found this, they can't determine if it is active
in anyway, because once you have it, you will always have it (herpes family
virus).

5. The only test that can test you for celiac is a small bowel biopsy.

6. One thing I'd suggest is that you spend some time with your intuition and ask
if you are indeed gluten-sensitive.  If you're open to asking and you listen
carefully, you'll receive the answer that's right for you.

7. It is possible that you weren't  on gluten long enough before your testing to
get an accurate diagnosis.  Two  wonderful resources are Dr. Alessio Fasano at
the University of Maryland, and  Dr. Joseph Murray at the Mayo Clinic in
Rochester MN.

8. Be patient. I think when one has been ill for a long time, it takes a while
to heal.

9. You might try an 'elimination' diet (you'd have to talk to an expert about
the specifics) but it eliminates all but one or two foods, and then adds a food
back every week or two.

10. Look at the possibility of a systemic candida (yeast) infection.  Many of
the symptoms are the same, it responds somewhat to a GF diet (as you are
decreasing the amount of Carbohydrates you're feeding it with) and it is often
ignored or overlooked by may doctors.

11. I wonder if you have been checked for microscopic colitis which is a
condition that mimics Celiac disease.