From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:31:11 -0500

Amy Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>They call it a convenient "one-stop shop" for Gluten-Free products from
>eight individual stores (Freeda Vitamins, Nelson David of Canada, Gifts
>of Nature, Oakland Dietetic Bakery, Jowar Foods, Quinoa Corporation,
>Legumes Plus, and Tritamyl Bread Mix)

Except do realize that Tritamyl Bread Mix is not wheat-free. It has wheat
starch in it. You can verify this by going to their page at:

  http://www.glutenfree-foods.co.uk/tritamyl.html

>I know
>this will save me time from hunting around for the same variety of
>items.

Where the mall excels is when using the search facility for a product. It
can pluck all offerings from all participating vendors and list them for
easy comparison. Though it doesn't tell you which vendor the hits are from,
and you could end up with an order spread over several firms, which would
up your shipping and handling costs. While you only have to enter your
credit card number and ordering information once, each participating
company processes and charges their share of the order individually.

To see many more GF vendor offerings Scott has "store" link pages (now
split into two pages -- the ones that paid and the ones that didn't) and
you can select from long lists, and you can try to place your whole order
with a single vendor.

Don.