From:
William M Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:46 -0800

Hello Everyone,

  I just got a letter back from E&J Gallo Winery that is dated October
28, 1998.  I had written to them recently to find out the status of
gluten free products.

Here is a summary:

        "All Wine's, Brandy's and Champagnes produced by E&J. Gallo Winery are
completely free of gluten or any gluten by products."  NOTE:  They later
state that E&J Cask & Cream Liqeur may not be gluten free, so is not to
be considered gluten free.

        under the Bartles & James product line only WINE COOLERS are gluten
free.  There are MALT BASED COOLERS produced which look nearly
identical.  The MALT coolers state that it is a malt beverage and also
another marking on the bottle labels it as flavored beer.  They sent me
a sample label from each type (wine and malt), and I will be scanning
these and posting them to my webpage this weekend.  (I'll also be
revamping how it is set up, so let me know what you think of the new set
up, when I get it together.)

   Beverages under the Hornsby's label are NOT gluten free.

   They were very nice and informative.  I have no financial intreset in
this company.

Bill Kane
Normal, IL  USA
http://www.geocities.com/Napavalley/VineYard/1256/index.htm