Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:40:23 -0400
From:
Eleanor Symonds <[log in to unmask]>

Another overdue summary:  Several weeks ago, I asked about Spice Cargo, an
inexpensive line of bagged spices sold in some Canadian supermarkets.  I
grind most spices myself, but there are a some, like turmeric and ginger,
where I can't do this.  Since I tend to use a lot of spices, I prefer not to
keep paying for the little tins or jars.

Spice Cargo is a McCormick's Canada product, so I thought they might be okay,
but apparently they're not GF.  Only "Club House" and other listed spices are
GF (check the archives for the list).  Someone referred me to the Canadian
Celiac Association shopping guide, which just came out recently.  It's a good
resource, and hopefully will be expanded in future editions.

The best suggestion was to buy in bulk from mail-order companies that
guarantee GF status.

Eleanor Symonds