From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:34:50 -0500
Sorry Eric (et al).

The information below IS correct.

FAT 32 has very little to do with the computer's OPERATING system.  FAT 32
is part of the file STORAGE system and works with the Disk Operating
System.  (Despite what MS wants you to believe, DOS is still alive and
well -- it's just been hidden way down deep inside Windows)

Windows 95 and 95A did not include an FDISK program that had FAT32
capabilities.  So they can not create a FAT32 drive, but these earlier
versions of Windows will install and run just fine on a 32 bit drive
created by some other software, such as Partition Magic (or even a drive
formatted by Win95B's fdisk).

In fact, the documentation for Partition Magic claims that it will even
work with Windows 3.x,  NT 3.51 *AND* NT 4.0.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====