Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 02:12:55 -0600
i have a generic laptop with 32 megs of ram and am trying to upgrade to
64, but am unable to identify the ram.  the computer has two 16-meg
simms.  they are physically smaller than standard laptop simms.  here's
what's written on them:

MDM165F-44
MDM969244

that is on a small rectangular piece of paper pasted to them.  also
written on each component on the module is:

KM44C4100AS-6  SEC 622Y

i am told that indicates a samsung part, but does not identify the
entire component.

i've taken the sim to all the major stores, and a half-dozen computer
suppliers in the twin cities, but no one is able to find me two more 16
meg simms.  can anyone help?  many thanks in advance

jim in minnesota

jim wishner

N0EXX

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: