VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"jhomme.." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jhomme..
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:05:41 -0400
If you are a programmer, and you'd like to be part of some research I'm
conducting for an article I'm writing, I'd like to talk with you.

I'm writing a rebuttle to an article that basically says it's not possible
to be
a productive programmer if you are blind. I'd like to get a look at a
cross-section of blind programmers, working in as many areas of technical
expertese as I can. I want to take a good, honest look at the strengths
and weaknesses of the typical adaptive environments, development tools,
platforms, etc, as well as any myths about what blind programmers are not
able to do and how you have over come them, along with whatever else I am
able to think up to give an honest, straight-forward look at our
situation. I would be glad to share the final product with the list, but
wish to keep the research private.

The article was found in a major newspaper, and I understand that some
employers we come in contact are taking it seriously, so programmers,
here's your chance to be heard. Just drop me a line at [log in to unmask]
if you want to be a part of this. Please feel free to forward this to as
many of your blind programmer friends as you like.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in advance.

Jim