From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:50:38 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/99 10:44:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> <<
>   Dr Bernarr- what is your field and qualification?
>   I find it offensive that one would use a title on a list such as this
>   without an explanation. Particularly as you are talking about medical
>   microbiology. You are therefore implying you are a medical microbiologist
> or
>   doctor of medicine.
>   Full explanation please, and don't beat around the bush.
>   Ben Balzer >>
>  All of the credentials in the world would not convince me of the validity
of
>  the original absurd statements, but I see no reason for you to invoke a
> harsh
>  request of this fellow based on your assumptions of Dr having anything to
do
>  with medicine or microbes, and your warning not to beat around the bush is
>  totally out of place.   One should be able to take it or leave it without
> the
>  ad hominum attacks and demands.

If someone comes on this list with a Dr in front of his name, and he
makes a comment amount my food,,he better be a doctor of something
medical,,,cuz If I find out he possesses a doctorate in under water
basket weaving,,im gonna blow a gasket....

Ben has every right to expect some form of credential on this man's
part..he made a statement with potentially serious ramifications.
Our animosity towards the 'doctor's' statement is diametrically opposed
to the extent of the damage he could cause.  I saw nothing out of place
in his request,,if anything was out of place it was the information on
salmonella.

Anna