Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 09:03:25 +1000
Beware of really old pans- they used to use lead as a non-stick lining-
probably until the 1930's. In Eastern Europe it was until much later than
that ( the gypsies would come around each year and reline the pots and pans-
next year they'd be back as the lead had worn off- much of it ingested in
food!!).
Ben Balzer