From:
Aaron Wieland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:07:50 -0400
Coconut milk, even a small amount, makes me sick; I have trouble keeping
it down.  It also tastes awful.  (I've tried the Thai Kitchen brand,
plus some other brand whose name I forget.)  I tolerate coconut oil
better, but it doesn't agree with me either.  I doubt it's the fat
that's the problem, as I consume a fair amount of it regularly (I'm
looking forward to the buffalo fat I've ordered; I hope I don't have the
same problems Mary experienced).  Doesn't coconut fat consist primarily
of short- or medium-chain fatty acids, unlike the long-chain fatty acids
of saturated animal fat?

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland