From:
"C. M. D'Orazio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:23:40 -0600
Hi,

The way I cook yam is the following:  I first wash the yams, pat them dry.  Then
I put them on a cookie sheet in a pre-heated 425 degree oven until the yam is
soft, it usually take about 30 minutes; depending on their size.  Peel it them
and they are ready to eat either warm or cold, with oil or not.  This is my
favorite way of cooking it.

At times when I make either chicken or vegetable soup for my family I peel them,
cut them into cubes and add it to the soup.

Hope you like it too.

Clelia