From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 07:33:49 -0400
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 07:09:33 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Yoyo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Perhaps I am not properly informed but I thought most of India is
>>vegetarian. [That would be a lot..millions..of people.]
>
>Most are not vegetarian. It depends on where in Indian and social caste.
>But still you would have millions of "vegetarians".
>
>>  Perhaps not as
>>strictly as you meant???
>
>He meant vegan, i.e. no animal products. Indian vegetarians consume lots of
>dairy (cows are sacred because of their valuable milk), and also eggs.

With the million vegans I indeed had in mind that in I
India, with about 1000 million inhabitants, most of them
living nearly vegetarian, I'd expect many of them to live
on a vegan base - by ethic or religious reasons.
True, most indians consume much dairy.
Maybe my assumption of 0.1 percent vegans is still too big.

Of ethical reasons in the West (USA, Europe)
like in several eastern philosophies also live
vegans.
Of course one single vegan would contradict
the statment in that table that humans would
"need" animal protein. They don't.

By the way: an adult human stomach should be able to
contain 2.5 liters volume.

Just to be exact on the facts before attempting to
draw any conclusions.

regards
Amadeus