From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 16:00:22 -1000
Ray:
>My point was that an all meat diet is not as abnormal historically as the
>year round proliferation of fresh fruits and vegetables in the modern
>supermarket is.  When the fruit is not in season, Primates eat meat.  A
>lot of that meat (such as most bugs) is very high in fat.  The Europeans
>who settled Iceland were not genetically predesposed to eat only meat,
>yet according to their remains they thrived on it.  If someone wants to
>go on an all meat and fat diet there are very few health risks involved.

This has not proven to be the case for me after several weeks.

Eskimos would likely have eaten much more wild non-animal foods had they
been more available.

>IMHO to think that we can improve on millions of years of evolution with
>a handful of supplement pills is arrogant.

I don't remember praising supplements. ???

>Just as predicting the
>weather through computer modeling will produce conflicting results using
>the same data and computer each time the program is run, trying to
>predict results of suplements in the much more complicated and more
>chaotic biochemical reactions of any living thing is not something a
>fractal mathmatician would bet on.

As Todd mentioned, the same principles of complexity apply to folks eating
an all-meat diet, whether they be pristine hunter-gatherers or modern
freeway exit folks.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft