From:
"James P. Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:34:53 -0400
Have I read Neanderthin?  Most certainly have.  It contains a lot of food
for thought.

Unfortunately, its basic approach is that of a religious tract, not an open
scientific inquiry.  Certain assumptions are assumed to be true and are not
open to question (e.g., anything manmade is per se carcinogenic).   People
with questions are expected to turn to the book for the "legitimate"
answer.  And everything is painted black and white (e.g., foods that are
"allowed" versus foods that are "forbidden").

From what I can see, the whole thing is quickly turning into a cult -- the
same way vegetarianism did. It is really too bad.

Jim