From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:35:33 -0700
French Parrot wrote:
> This reminds me of the thread about H-G's  going off to die when no
> longer able to contribute. Scott Nearing, probably one of the main
> inspirations for the back to the land movement in the US, simply
> decided to stop eating sometime after his 100th birthday.

For an interesting read on all this see: "The Songlines" by Bruce Chatwin
(available at amazom.com). He has a great part about several old
Aboriginals waiting to die at a traditional spot for this event.  For
more on the biological development of philosophical questions see the
recent article in SciAm about the ecological colapse of ancient Greece.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"