From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:13:24 -0500
From:    "S.B. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: P overweight and hungry

<< Maybe for certain obese people who are hungry even when they are
grossly overweight.

>Does this imply that grossly overweight  people should not be hungry
>until they reach normal weight range?

Maybe I should have said "moderate reduction in calories on a very
nutritious diet should not cause undue hunger.  The exception might be in
obese people who, for whatever reason, believe they are hungrier than
non-obese people.  That would suggest that they would be hungry at the
same calorie intake level that non-obese people would be satisfied with."

Also, a very nutritious diet will greatly benefit anyone, regardless of
weight.  And, even for genetically, severely obese mice, on CR they only
drop weight to the same or even slightly higher than the "normal" mice.
They also realize an extension in maximum lifespan by as much as 80%.  If
anyone can show me as much scientific data as these studies for their
dietary recommendations, I would like to see it.

James
"I think there's a world market for
 about five computers."
    -Thomas Watson (Founder of IBM)