From:
"C. Loon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:50:18 -0400
Thanks to all (esp.Tony!) who sent info on the herb purslane. There's a
good photo of it at:
http://www.arapcsuext.org/horti/weeds/Purslanecloup.html
The USDA says it is the best known plant source of omega-3.

I was happily surprised to find that this plant is the same one that I've
been trying to identify this entire summer. I first noticed it in my
mother's garden, when the old Italian and Croatian gardeners in my
mother's neighborhood told us it was "very good as a blood cleanser".
Since then I've discovered huge patches of it hiding in the campus
shrubbery here downtown. Better graze on it before they weed it out.

Bill, you recommended I "get a gun. Get a hunting license". That would be
a reasonable suggestion - if I (1) owned a vehicle (2) owned a huge
freezer, and (3) didn't live in the centre of Toronto. However, I am
studying to get my FAC (firearm acquistion certificate), and I'll keep you
suggestion in mind for the far future.  (BTW, this may seem ironic to the
rest of you, but there are a number of barriers between women and hunting
in the Cree culture.  I had to fight convince my uncles to take me goose
hunting last spring. THey didn't take my desire to hunt seriously. But
because I have no father, brother, husband or son, there is no man to hunt
for me - so I have to fight to get my share of the wild meat unless I
hunt, too).

Thankyou to everyone else who had other suggestions for affordable
paleoeating.

Cheyenne