NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:30:54 -0800
On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:45:22 EST Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I wondered if any of you knew how long it takes from the time a mom eats
>something her baby is allergic to to leave her milk.

I've heard/read (no, I don't remember where) that it can take up to 2
weeks to clear allergens from the body.  I don't know how accurate this
is.  My personal experience suggested more like about 3 days till the
reactions stopped - spitting up/vomitting and eczema.  Of course, this
was a bit clouded becasue we didn't discover the corn intolerance until
much later in the game, so that could have scewed many results.

That sounds like an awfully long list.  I knwe one other mom who's kid
had really bad intolerances to a lot of foods in her diet.  Fortunately,
the kid seems to be outgrowing them quite well.  Of course mine with the
shorter list seems to be holding steady :-(

Kathy P.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]