NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TIMOTHY GORIUP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:37:58 -0800
All the reply's I recieved were so very helpful.  I really appreciate the information.  I called the doctor's office today in hopes that the test results had come back.  No such luck. Though I am still holding out a slim hope that all this could by some remote chance be viral, I really doubt it.

My daughter has been diary free since last week.  Though her nose is still running the discharge is clear and significantly reduced compared to a month ago.  There are currently no hives. My husband and I are wresling with how to deal witht he food issues with two different children in the house.  The eldest has no food allergies.  She at five, still needs the milk.  Anyway, she loves dairy products. My little cheese addict.

So how do I deal with not taking it away from the older child and preventing the youngest from getting into it?  So far the eldest has been understanding.  We have ice cream pig outs after her sister is put to bed.

Again thank you for the information.  One tip I picked up from my research so far is to get a medical alert bracelet for the child with severe food allergies.  It helps the parent and child stress the importance of avoiding the offending food.  It sounded like a good idea to me.

Kay