NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:45:22 EST
I wondered if any of you knew how long it takes from the time a mom eats
something her baby is allergic to to leave her milk.  I was talking to a woman
with a 15 month old who is allergic to dairy, wheat, soy, barley, canola oil,
grapes, legumes, kiwi, eggs, turkey, red meat, and the list goes on and on.
She is desperate to go out to dinner with her husband and have a normal meal
(minus the dairy, that she won't take a chance on), but she wants to know for
how long after does she need to pump and dump her milk.

The baby cannot tolerate any formula, even Nutramagin, and is also wondering
if there is any formula out there that her baby could possibly tolerate.  She
plans to continue breastfeeding for as long as her daughter wants to, but is
hoping to find something to give her when she does eventually wean.

Any help would be appreciated.  TIA!

Kim Sherwood