VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Chaim Segal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:59:51 -0600
Hi!

I am interested in knowing if anybody is actively using Peapod to shop.  I
heard from a few sources that Peapod's software is not accessible to the
blind.  However, a (sighted) friend told me today that you can shop
directly on the web.  I had a sighted friend over this evening who helped
me give it a try.  It appears that JAWS for Windows may work, in that you
can click on a number of the individual items. However, I am not for
certain if all the the pertinent information is really revealed.  My
friend is kind of on the young side, and sharp as he is occasionally
misses some details.

Any information anybody has would be appreciated.  I am using JFW and
Internet Explorer.

Chaim