Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 05:14:01 -0400
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:03:44 +0200, Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 12:02 1998-10-16 -0400, Amadeus wrote:
>
>>How do you get to the 2:1 ideal as opposed to the 7:1?
>>From the "omega plan"-website i found "less than 4" (while todays
>>average was 14 to 20).
>>How could such rations (2:1) be reached with any paleolithic food item?
>
>Have a look at these postings by Loren Cordain about n6/n3 in paleo foods:
>
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9704&L=paleodiet&P=R1180&D=0&O=D
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9712&L=paleodiet&P=R675&D=0&O=D
>http: F/maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9712&L=paleodiet&P=R991&D=0&O=D
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9712&L=paleodiet&P=R804&D=0&O=D
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9803&L=paleodiet&P=R123&D=0&O=D
>
>- Hans
Thanks Hans for your collection
(I'm still not through with reading paleodiet).
Cordaine estimates a very low paleolithic w3 to w6 ratio of about 2:1.
This obviously can only be reached by eating lots of fatty organs of
animals( provided you don't find a common w-3 "power plant",
and you don't assume a very huge -several kg per day- amout
of dark fresh vegetables eaten).

I did read this articles some months ago and recalled them as a strong
argument against eating domesticated animals instead of wild game.

Not only because wild game has a better fat composition in both
aturated to unsaturated to polyunsaturated fats
as well as w-3 to w-6 fat ratio
(this because wild game eats better sources of wild plants containing
the right fatty acids).

But also because they are so lean (2% total body fat only as opposed to 35%)
that the organ meats (brain marrow) make up
a very much higher percentage of all available fats.

Quote:
>..... Thus, it would
>have been difficult or impossible for pre-agricultural man to consume a
>high fat (>40%energy) diet in which saturated fats were predominant....

To rebuild a pre-agricultural diet composition regarding the fats
therefore it would be necessary to
- eat fat of wild game only and
- eat *all* the fat of it (also brain and organs).

This is also the reason why i stated or claimed before,
that wild game was the only
valid meat if attempting a paleodiet.

Of course it's impossible for b
ig society parts to get that amounts of
wild game - even sparse populated countries have wild game only for
a *very* low percentage.
Especially of wild game fat, because a high fat diet would require that
much lean meat had to be left over
(2% body fat makes only 17% calories from fat).

But from an individual point of view it shouldn't be a problem for the
few "paleothins" to get sufficient of the millions of hunted game animals.
For example by knowing a hunter, or buying kangoroo or maybe horse.

Or alternatively rely on non-historic paleo- food items,
which I'd still consider as very similar to true
historic paleolithic food items:
Fish and flax.

Both are availabe plentyful even in mankind dimensions.

regards

Amadeus