Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:38:50 -0700
Greetings,

I first want to say i find this list to be stimulating and
inspriational.

As far as I'm concerned no one has solved the diet problem yet.  I have
tried the vegan, fruitarian, paleothic and dozens of other diets and i
still have health problems.  My dream is that when we stumble on the
true human diet, we will soar to a new level physically, mentally, and
emotionally.

During my experiments with my diet, i discovered two facts.  I have more
energy when i eliminate all dairy and all grains.  This leads me to
believe in a Paleothilic diet but i feel that the current published
guidelines still include too many foods.

It seems to me, that one should be suspicious of foods that cause
allergic reactions in a portion of the population.

Quoting from Wadley's paper "The Origins of Agriculture--a Biological
Perspective and a New Hypothesis":  Radcliffe (1987,"Food Allergy and
Intolerance") listed the foods at fault, in descending order of
frequency, in a trial involving 50 people:  wheat (more than 70 per cent
of subjects reacted in some way to it), milk (60 per cent), egg (35 per
cent), corn  cheese, potato, coffee, rice, yeast, chocolate, tea,
citrus, oats, pork, plaice, cane, and beef(10 per cent).  This is
virtually a list of foods that have become common in the diet following
the adoption of agriculture, in order of prevalence.

During the last 3 weeks i have been eating only homemade beef jerky and
5 kinds of fruit.  This week i will switch over to fish jerky.  I'm not
sure what i'll adjust when that fails.

Sincerely,
Mark Moore