From:
The Mitchell Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 23:09:25 -0500

All of my life when I have had dental work done I have developed a
mouthful of canker sores afterward. Dental work in itself is no picnic
but knowing I would have up to 40 canker sores for 10 days or so
afterward added its own special brand of fun to the whole experience.
For the past year I have gone to a new dentist who is excellent, and not
once have I had a single canker sore following the work--and it has been
extensive, usually spending over an hour in the chair. When I mentioned
this amazing phenomenon to her she said she didn't know
        what could be making the difference the difference except she doesn't
use "powdered gloves" because they make her hands break out.If anyone
else has a similar problem , you might want to request your dentist try
using unpowdered gloves when they work on you and see if it makes a
difference. I don't know where you would find them yourself(I would
suggest a medical supply company), but if I ever have to change dentists
i would definitely make every effort to get future dentists to use
unpowdered gloves when working on me even if I had to buy them and take
them along for them to wear, Believe me the difference is worth it.
        Lois in NY