From:
Doug Hufschmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:36:30 EST

 I received a few letters of encouragement concerning intellectual discussion
on this list.  Therefore, I want to discuss the minority theory that our
ancestors left the trees to enter the streams, rivers and shallow seas in
search of fish and aquatic plants and not to enter the dry savanah in search
of grass seeds and big game.

   The best evidence for humans being aquatic apes and not terrestrial apes is
that the most healthy source of protein and fat for humans is fish while the
most unhealthy is from hoofed--plain dwelling-- animals.  More evidence for
humans being aquatic apes and not terrestrial apes is that we tollerate
rice--an aquatic plant--better than wheat.

   On public tevelivisn saturday night 12-12-98, a nutritionist named Dr. Gregg
Null, discussed his recent study on the foods people should avoid.  To my
surprise, wheat was listed along with the standard red meat, sugar, fried
foods, etc.  This may be the start of a new trend--to now get the wheat out of
all healthy diets.

   Perhaps, if we hadn't come down with celiac disease from all the wheat, we
would have come down with heart disease from all the red meat, or diabetes
from all the sugar, or breast or prostate cancer from all the fried foods in
our diets.  Perhaps if we all ate more fresh fish and fresh vegetables, we
would all feel better and it would be easier to obtain fresh fish and fresh
vegetables.

        Sincerely,