From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:10:42 EST

Thanks to all who responded.  Everyone said rice syrup may or MAY NOT be
gluten free depending on the process used to make it.  Before eating confirm
status with manufacturer.  Some is made from barley.  (Wonder why they call it
rice syrup?)  Another of life's litte mysteries.  One person said she used
Fantastic Foods products (which was the example I gave in my first posting)
with no problem.  Did not say if she had verified the status with the company.
Olivia in Virginia