Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:49:21 -0500
From:
Denise Girard <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, I hope some of you may be able to offer information/advice...I was
diagnosed with Celiac Disease in July, following intestinal surgery in
April, and had a second biopsy done in December after being on a gluten
free diet for five months.  The doctor has since told me that my intestine
is still showing severe damage.  During this time, I have been extremely
careful, never eating outside the house, and phoning about food products,
toothpastes, vitamins. We've bought a bread-maker and a new toaster, so I
can't be getting trace amounts from those sources.  I really don't know
what more I can do.  The doctor suggested that there are a small number of
Celiacs who the diet doesn't work for, and they require Steroids of some
sort to heal.  Does anyone have any insight about this?  Could it just be
taking me a little longer than most?  I generally feel a whole lot better,
but the damange is still there.
Thanks for any help.
Denise in Toronto