Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:24:23 EST

I contacted Linda McDonald, MS, RD at Guiltless Gourmet regarding the gf
status of the lime used, including the possibility that the calcium carbonate
powder was mixed with non-gf flour.  She asked the food scientist at the
company who replied that nothing, especially not flour was added to the lime
used in their chips.

Hopefully, this settles the issue, barring any new evidence to the contrary.
(BTW, GG makes gf plain tortilla chips in yellow, white, red, and blue corn.
Ms. McDonald seemed familiar with celiac and said their plain (not flavored,
non-gf chips)chips were often recommended for gf diets.  I have no financial
or other interest in this company...just grateful for the info.)
Kate in VA