From:
Joanna deFelice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:00:48 +0000

hello, i'm only days old on this list, and a few weeks older at realizing
i am very likely wheat/gluten intolerant. please bear with me if my post
breaks any of the rules. i'm still reading them!

i'm on an elimination diet right now to determine what else might be
giving me problems, so figuring out what to eat is hard, and sort of
boring.

my vitamin powder (all one earth, and free of gluten, wheat, additives,
etc.) likes to be blended into juice, which is usually orange. for the
elimination diet i'm not eating citrus, so have started drinking R.W.
Knudsen pineapple coconut juice instead.

suddenly the gastrointestinal stuff flared up pretty big, and my mental
equilibrium started to disappear again. i'm slow at understanding which
additives are okay and which are not, so wonder if one of the 'natural
gums' (xanthan, carrageenan, sodium alginate. locust bean) could be
the culprit.

i know this will all work out, but meantime i'm a bit frustrated and a little
'wiggy.' any help would be appreciated.

thanks, joanna

Joanna deFelice
Oregon Career Information System