From:
Bill Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:11:28 EST

I was diagnosed as a celiac three months ago after I began losing weight,
anemic, B-12 deficient, etc.  Up until about 5 or 6 months before I was in
reasonably good physical health other than a long running irritable bowel
syndrome. After reading LISTSERV it is apparent that some people cannot
tolerate crumbs of wheat.

My god, I was eating pasta one or two nights a week, bread nightly, oatmeal
and cereal for breakfast, hamburgers, hot dogs and  tons of wheat and did this
all my life.  I'd like to know how many others were similar to me, I've gone
decades not knowing I was a celiac and ate tons of flour with no apparent
problems other than IBS.

I was diagnosed by a high blood count and symptoms and had relief after going
on the diet.  Does this mean I can tolerate some wheat or is it poison to me
like everyone else?  I'll publish the summary.