From:
The Mitchell Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:11:57 -0500

My 12 yr old son developed a skin rash over a week ago. Started out as
clusters of tiny pimples. I took him to our pediatrician who diagnosed
it as Roseola and said there was no treatment, just give Benadryl for
the itch and use a hydrocortisone cream also. After a few days it spread
until it was a BLANKET of tiny pimples over his face, stomach , back and
scalp. Quite red, and looking as tho it might bleed.Very itchy. He
didn't feel bad any other way, no fever etc. This Tues we had an appt.
with a naturopathic physician and I asked her to look at the rash first
thing. Oh, yes, he did have some swollen glands in the back of his neck
and on one side under the jaw-no pain just some swelling.
        She said it was definitely not roseola but caused by a deficiency of
fatty acids due to his restricted diet. She gave him as dose of a
homeopathic remedy while we were there and had me get a blend of
flaxseed, pumpkin  and barage oils with rosemary antioxidants which he
is to take 1 tablespoon a day split into one teaspoon 3 times a day with
meals. His scalp has also been flaking badly and having sores that do
blees. She said she thought it would improve rapidly and it IS. I just
checked him and it does look better-less pimples and doesn't look like
it will bleed.
        I thought this might be useful to some others who are having a problem
with dry skin and soreness and rashes. Doesn't seem as tho it could hurt
to try it.